The Driver's Site for the East Midlands

Welcome to Drivers' Union East Midlands.
Our Mission: Better road safety at lower cost. No unnecessary delay or slowing of road transport. No unnecessary or unjust prosecution of safe drivers.

Motorists & Drivers' Union is at www.driversunion.co


For specific topics click the appropriate label (above).

Search This Blog

Monday 15 February 2016

Did BBC comply with anti driver minority to silence independent, pro driver, road safety expert?


I was frequently used by BBC Radio Solent to comment on matters road safety and driving and know that my comments would be very refreshing, interesting and popular with the majority of listeners, especially drivers. Likewise I was also a regular on BBC Radio Newcastle too. 

The invitations from both stations suddenly ceased, more or less about the same time. 



I have just found this blog post comment on Cycle Chat:

 'PS was on our local radio some years ago as a "Road Safety Expert"

Emailed in the contents of his "Avoid" Page to the presenter and pointed out that he advised a number of illegal and distasteful methods of avoiding fines, and hence was rather a poor choice.... He was dropped from the rest of the program

Another organisation totally out of touch...'   



I have now queried this with the BBC as follows:

Hi, I know it's a bit late now, but I have just come across this blog post concerning my regular contributions to Solent as an ex police road safety and driving expert. 

'PS was on our local radio some years ago as a "Road Safety Expert"

Emailed in the contents of his "Avoid" Page to the presenter and pointed out that he advised a number of illegal and distasteful methods of avoiding fines, and hence was rather a poor choice.... He was dropped from the rest of the program

Another organisation totally out of touch... 

(You will find this on this site  See the Cycle Chat blog post here.

Yes I know that I am pro driver, and that infuriates anti drivers and especially the cycle lobby who see 'pro driver' as anti cyclist. However I should be judged by the veracity of my comments and publications alone not by those against genuine road safety, drivers and the truth.  I do not even recognise  'he advised a number of illegal and distasteful methods of avoiding fines, ' at all.

You will note that all the posts on the above blog site amount to no more substance than insult and abuse so, if you have barred me on the basis of that, your listeners and road safety are the losers.

I am unique and controversial because, as an ex traffic cop and driving expert, unlike most media commentators on this life and death issue with no CV or a vested interest, I am using my expertise on a voluntary basis to provide an entirely new aspect of road safety from the usual official claptrap. Of course this makes people angry. But as all of us depend on drivers and driving, even the BBC could not operate without them, and most of your listeners are drivers too, it would be a shame if vested interest and hostile minority groups were preventing truthful insight into a life and death issue where hundreds of thousands of perfectly safe drivers are being prosecuted for profiteering motives; a subject so serious that sycophancy and being popular have no place so far as I am concerned.

If you want evidence of the corrupt road safety industry and also in police policy, I can now inform you that the NPCC (National Police Chief's Council), are now examining the facts I have submitted to them very seriously indeed. See it all laid out here  http://bit.ly/1UPiKgN Now here is a big story for the Beeb.

If there is any doubt about my expertise, then none of my statements have ever been denied by the authorities so far nor has anyone been able to sue me for my public comments on road safety either.

Perhaps you can let me know if BBC keeps an 'avoid' data base and if I am on it. It would be ironic if the only truthful road safety expert willing to talk has been silenced by a minority with an agenda but no CV in the subject.



In the meantime, please don't hesitate to use me. Being totally voluntary is a major part of my credibility.

Wishes

Keith Peat

CC BBC Newcastle. 

It would be incredible if the BBC are listening to anti driver minorities so that independent experts on life and death road safety are barred from telling the listeners the truth and providing a new and alternative perspective from the usual profit or ideologically based clap trap that its listeners get fed.

Why not contact Solent and ask them if they have reacted to vicious self serving minorities? radio.solent@bbc.co.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment